Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Participation

Today was rediculously ordinary, tonight was rediculously messed up. The contrast was so severe that I'm completely discombobulated. Today I went through my ordinary routine and managed to sneak in some time to (finally!) begin painting wainscotting for the master bedroom. Yay! This evening I went to church, had dinner, then fully expected to do music practice, but then Jarod came up to Jason and I and told us that the kids were doing some kind of activity and they didn't know how many adults needed to help and to just kind of stand by until it was clear what was going on. Uh, okay then, cool. Meanwhile I'm trying desperately to swap nursery duty with someone else, and in the back of my mind I kept thinking, "Well, if we're not going to practice the songs then I need to get to our special Wednesday night rehearsal because it's Wednesday this week instead of Thursday, and oh yeah, my car is back at home...." Finally pieces fell into place and we began music practice. We kept it short because of all the activity around us, and after about fourty minutes a herd of kids came in and we played a song for them. When they left Jarod told us we were done, so we went to look for our kids so Jason could take me to rehearsal. Apparently all the kids were running around in the dark looking for grown ups with their flashlights. We had no clue this was happening, so we got Bri and then spent a good long time looking for Leigha. When we finally found her I was like, "I gotta go, I gotta GO!" And only then did I find out that it wasn't just kids running rampant through the dark, but a planned activity. Huh....okay then. If I'd known I would have not been freaking out about where my kid was. Poor Leigha, I feel bad about that. Jason dropped me off at rehearsal and I was there for the last hour or so. John kept disappearing during that hour and I had no clue what was going on until he came up and apologized and said that Denice's cat had died (Oh, how sad!) and she was really upset. So for the most part, it was unsupervised MADNESS! (Improv is ALWAYS madness, this was just unsupervised.) At one point we were all sitting in a circle discussing what games to play at our next show and I asked everyone to put their feet in for the picture of the day. Julie put her hands in. Carl opted to try and scoot out of the way to prevent me from stealing the soles of his feet. (ba dump, ching!) Joke's on you, Carl, I got one of them in there!

No comments: