Saturday, October 18, 2008

A little bird told me....

Leigha had another volleyball game this morning. Same deal, three games (or trimesters? I'm still not sure) of 15 minutes each. Their team won 2/3 of the games (?). Yay! Jason got to take a couple hours of vacation time and watch her game, which was great. After the game I took the girls downtown to check out a vintage clothing warehouse I had heard about (it was incredible! I got the cutest gray fedora!) that sells vintage stuff for thrift store prices. Since I was already downtown I hit up City Market for some produce then the girls wanted to go to a book store so I swung by Half Price Books. Love that place. Tonight's shows were pretty cool, Leigha volunteered during the game "historic dance." Basically, you get a historic event then three things associated with it. Music plays and three people who have been assigned to the things come out and do a dance based on their suggestion, and at the end the person on the side of the stage guesses. The historical even tonight was the birth of Christ. John was baby Jesus, Patrick was a sheep, Julie was a reindeer (ha ha, who suggested that one?) Leigha ended up guessing the event and then baby Jesus and then sheep (after saying 'goat.' Oops.) She didn't get reindeer, though. Either way it was remarkable she was able to guess anything! So after they did it, Patrick had to guess the second time around, this time with Leigha dancing as well. Leigha was supposed to be a cannon but she didn't quite know how to interpret that, so Julie helped her by "lighting the fuse" and Leigha ran and THREW herself across the stage! It was great! She really commited and everyone was laughing. No question, she's totally my kid and she's totally got the acting bug.

No comments: