Monday, October 13, 2008

Knowledge is power!!

We were going to fly to Chicago today to bum around since Leigha had the day off school, but we ended up not going due to the large amounts of people flying. Oh yeah...it's a holiday weekend. Bummer. So we stayed home nearly all day, save for an outing to the library. For the most part, we spent the day cozied up on the couch watching movies. Jason had never seen Chitty Chitty Bang Bang before and he really enjoyed it. I myself didn't see it until I was an adult. At the end I said, "Hey, Jason, get ready for a HUGE cinematic cop out." And then they revealed that he had only been telling a story. Why did they do that to themselves? Seriously. Building this big beautiful world that we believe in and want to believe in and then BAM, they're on a beach again and it was just a story. Lame! Leigha read a lot of books, to herself and to Brianna. Bri got the book "Twelve Princess Stories" from the library and Leigha read almost all of them to her after dinner. They are too sweet!

4 comments:

Jen said...

thanks for giving the ending away! I have never seen it either!

sugarbumkin said...

Hey now, I never said if they all lived or not, did I? No I didn't! (They totally do, fyi)

Inky Neverwhere said...

Does the book of Twelve Princess Stories have the story of the Twelve Dancing Princesses? That's my favorite.

sugarbumkin said...

Nope! Disney Princesses. However, I did have (and LOVED) that book as a child, then I was in the musical of the 12 Dancing Princesses in high school!