Friday, May 23, 2008

Fourth Friday

This morning the girls and I loaded up and flew out to North Carolina. We had a layover in Chicago, where I imagined I saw Mick Napier and saw a girl successfully shoplift an "I heart Chicago" bag. We touched down in Raleigh early this afternoon and rented a car to drive to Fayetteville, NC. My awesome friend, Michelle, moved here late last year and I've never been to NC. She encouraged me to come out and see her before they moved again (military) and I took her up on her offer. Fayetteville is an adorable town with a thriving downtown area. Every fourth friday of the month all the shops stay open late and there are sidewalk vendors and music. It was so cool. I got to see a reluctant sports mascot being shoved in front of a crowd to dance with belly dancers. Pretty much one of the oddest things I've ever witnessed. We had dinner and walked around the shops. You may have noticed the similarity of this picture to yesterdays. I have my reasons, and they are twofold. Reason the first: Michelle works at the coffee shop we are currently at, and where the coffee came from. Reason the second: Michelle, Melissa and I used to be a tight knit trio. Drinking coffee and shopping Main Street USA was totally our thing. I like that we now have very similar pictures in our blog to keep us connected.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Holy cow! I lived in Fayetteville for three years...6th, 7th, and 8th grade. Glad you had fun there.!

sugarbumkin said...

Yeah, I'm loving it, it's so beautiful here! I'm already making plans to come back at some point. :-)