Thursday, May 8, 2008

I got a trezsjure!!!

Forgive me for the horrendous spelling in the subject line, it's the phonetic spelling of how Brianna described the lip gloss ring she was awarded after being such a good girl at her first dentist appointment. Leigha is eight and has yet to lose a tooth, meanwhile her permanent teeth are coming up...BEHIND her baby teeth. We figured it would be a good idea to get her in, and why not Bri at the same time. The girls seemed to enjoy the dentist appointment, although Brianna jumped and shied every time the lady brought out the sucker thingamajig, poor kiddo. They both got toothbrushes and floss, and Bri kept putting pieces of floss in her pockets to save for later. Leigha got to school late because of the appointment, but that's okay. She chose a sticky stretchy lizard as her prize, by the way. Rehearsal tonight was interesting, we ended with a scene where there were six people crammed into a Miata. Basically it went Kyle (new guy), Salvatore, Me, James across all three of our laps, John leaning onto Kyle and Salvatore's shoulders, and Ryan leaning into Salvatore's and my shoulder. Scenes like that are fun to do sometimes. That one got a little TOO silly, but for rehearsal, it was kind of freeing to just be able to cut loose like that. Jason and I are working on painting the basement tonight. I can't wait to have it carpeted so we can get the TV set up. We don't watch a lot of TV, but it would be nice to have the option!

3 comments:

notforthelifeofme said...

Leigha HAD to inherit our family's bad teeth? Oi! No two of us are the same--must be our British ancestry . . .

Is Bri tanning? What's with the glasses?

sugarbumkin said...

Yeah, I know. The worst part is that unlike a lot of kids who are like,"Braces are cool! I want braces!" She very adamantly says, "I hope I never get braces." I haven't got the heart to tell her it's very likely.

Those are the safety glasses they have for the kids at the dentist we go to, to keep the water and stuff out of their eyes. I have no idea why they don't just get some pint sized regular clear ones. *shrug* But it made for a cute picture.

The Jamesons said...

Your story about the Miata reminds me of the summer I spent in Louisville. There were 8 of us packed into an old style Chevy (not a boat, just a normal 6 passenger vehicle). We were on our way to the laundromat, and we passed a few kids on their bikes. One of the kids (clever little thing) shouted out, "Look! White sardines!" Now every time I see a car packed full of people, I think, "White sardines!" How appropriate...