Sunday, May 25, 2008

Making base camp

Flew home today. Michelle gave me an astonishing amount of food to eat and take with me (all of it was SOOOOO good, too. It was well appreciated!) and we said our goodbyes as I drove my rental car back up to Raleigh. I wish I could have stayed longer, I've missed her. The girls and I made base camp at gate 27 due to a lack of seating (thanks, Southwest, for making the boarding process exactly as difficult as it's possible to be, it's awesome. Seriously. *sarcasm beads up and drips off the previously typed sentence*) It's a frequent occurance for us. There's always some jerkoff that walks right through our circle, too. I've never understood that one. It's not like we stake out busy areas, either. Anyhow, we flew to Nashville, spent three hours there (my first time there, and I can't really say I was there since we didn't leave the airport. ) They're renovating so it's a little rough currently but there were some good shops. It's going to be great when they're done. From what I could see in the air I'd like to visit Nashville on a non airport related matter sometime. The flight from Nashville to KC was a little choppy so it seemed much longer than it was, and then finally we were home. I missed Jason so much, and thanks to him the basement is about 90% ready for the carpet guys now, yay! We had a blast and I truly hated to leave, but it is good to be home.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I really really really want to go to Nashville. I will go some day. :) Glad you girls had a good trip! :)