Sunday, May 18, 2008

Parties galore!

Today was the kickball tournament to raise money for the Kansas City Improv festival (coming this September!) I couldn't possibly tell you who all is in this picture (in other words I don't know everyone's name) but I can tell you that at least six troupes are represented here, and several people weren't improvisers, but supportive friends! Oh, and Tim Marks from Improv-Abilities is holding out the "trophy," a lovely flat squashed beer can that doubled as home base. We kept it professional. Jason's team won, I was not on that team. It was so much fun! Afterward we went to Trish Berrong's place, (second from left, front row) a trendy and crazy cute loft near Westport, and had a party on the roof. While there I was standing with some improvisers in a circle, talking shop, and Bri came up and handed me a cup. "Peanuts, Mommy?" Without thinking I immediately responded, "Peanuts, thank you." Then realized that was the correct response if we had been playing the popular improv warmup game, "Red Ball." Nice. We left Trish's place, briefly went to Home Depot for some basement finishing stuff, then went all the way down to Stillwell, KS for Tiffany's graduation party! Her parents live in the most adorable neighborhood. We had a bonfire in the backyard and all of Hype 7 came to celebrate with her. We demonstrated a couple games for the other guests and it was a lot of fun. Nifer brought her new guy....Salvatore from the Roving Imps, and introduced him around. (Yup, I've known for a couple weeks but they were keeping it on the DL for a while so I zipped my lips) I think it was strange for him to see her with another troupe, but he warmed up and had fun. Jason talked with Zak and Joe for quite a while. S'more's were made, the first of the season, and lightning bugs came out just as dark settled. Hans and Jen brought fireworks and sparklers and the girls chased each other across the lawn with blue and red and green fury. It was such a great time, I love everyone in that group. Congratulations, Tiffany, we are all so proud of you!

1 comment:

Inky Neverwhere said...

The fireworks were Tiffany's, we just lit them. Yeah, pyro! Yeah, encouraging pyro children!