Thursday, May 29, 2008

Manos: Hands of fate

Helped out with putting together VBS crafts all day today. For helping out, Cherie bought me lunch (wicked sweet!) at Culvers. I've never eaten there. It was actually pretty fantastic, although I had a hard time believing fast food pot roast could be any good. Maybe I'll try that some other time. For today, though, the burger I had was just perfect. Jason came home and took the girls so he could meet his mom in between our houses (it's a three hour drive). Leigha is going to be spending the weekend at her place riding horses. She'll pretty much be in little girl paradise. Brianna is insane with jealousy, so we'll just have to make sure we do nothing fun to really drive the point home. (Awww.....) Yeah, no, not really. Anyhow, today was our first Roving Imp rehearsal in a couple weeks, John told us to take last week off. We had a guy auditioning tonight as well, so the evening was a little crazy, but fun. This is Salvator, Julie, Nifer, Nifer's evil bionic hand that she had to pin between her knees to keep it from killing, and the auditionee, Josh. He was pretty good, I hope he makes it. After rehearsal we sat around talking for a bit and Salvator got on a huge "Superman and Batman aren't real superheros" soap box, which was pretty funny. He got so worked up his glasses actually flew across the room. There's a superpower for ya. Nifer and Salvator are still dating. They were being cuddly in the parking lot as I drove away. It was adorable.

3 comments:

Inky Neverwhere said...

If Superman and Batman aren't real superheroes, who is? How can I still believe in anything in this world? And will my collectibles drop in value?

Jen said...

Ummm gunna have to go ahead and disagree with that superman batman thing. Batman ROCKS!
I think that guy is just jealous!

sugarbumkin said...

His argument is that Superman=an alien who would be normal on his home planet and is technically an average guy in that respect, and Batman=his only superpower is wealth. If you wish to argue further, contact Nifer and I'm sure she'd be glad to have him take it up with you. In fact, I encourage it. It's amusing to see him get so worked up over it.