Monday, May 12, 2008

Let them eat cake

Happy birthday, Jason! Day two of "low key" holidays at our house. Fortunately for Jason (and the girls) cake mix is easy and inexpensive. Plus, I know how to make awesome frostings and glazes to top them. Today was a strange but good day. It seems like everyone I know popped out of the woodwork to call or come by my house. This morning I helped plan some crafts for VBS (Vacation Bible School) and we met at my house, even with the "everything's in boxes and all over the place" warning that comes standard with every visit to our new place. I think they wanted to see it. :-) Later I called Selena to talk with her about our upcoming trip we're taking this Summer, and also to catch up, it's been a while since we've been able to talk. Not long after that I went to Target to grab some last minute things, then both Tiffany and Erin called to see if they could swing by for a brief moment. Jason was at our old place mowing the yard and fixing up last minute things to make sure we get all our security deposit back, so I said they could and we hung out for a little while. Tiffany complained of not being in the blog for a while and I took a picture of us that was really cute, but this is Jason's day. Oh, and Tiffany, may I remind you that you are in the background on Tuesday's blog. This evening I got a call from Anika (wedding plans) and Jennifer (car trouble). Nice to know I'm so loved and have awesome friends. This evening Jason and I finally dropped the keys off and got our full security deposit back (yesss!) which finally turned the house we've lived in for the past two years into just another house on an unremarkable street in a cookie cutter neighborhood (that's right, WE made it special. We are awesome. And humble.) Oh, and in case you're wondering what the birthday boy is up to in the final hour of his special day, he's hooking up the washer and dryer and priming the basement ceiling. *blows a party noisemaker, throws confetti*

1 comment:

Spark*Life said...

Sorry Jess, But I'm a foreground kind of person.