Friday, December 19, 2008

Academic comma

Today was the last day of school for Leigha in 2008. The school had it's Christmas parties at 10am (???) and Bri and I went to help out. I was hot glue gunning together some reindeer utensil holders (come on, they're called ornaments people! They're small and the kids will use them!) and some glue splooted over the edge of a googly eye and onto two of my fingers. HOTHOTHOT!!!!!! I tried to wipe it off but it cooled off so quickly that it stuck to my skin and fried it as I was frantically trying to pull it off. Finally I ran to the sink and ran cold water over my fingers until it cooled enough to peel off. I have two rather impressive blisters. Just out of sheer curiosity, what exactly is it like to go a full day without maiming yourself in some fashion? I'd like to know at some point. Can anyone describe it to me? Thanks. While we were at the school the principal came on the intercom and announced that the cafeteria was making deli sandwiches for parents who wanted to stay for lunch and to just let the teacher know if you planned on staying. Leigha's teacher asked for a show of hands so I looked at Leigha and she started going, "Ooh, ooh!" And making an emphatic pointing gesture, so I said, "Okay, I guess that's a yes from me." After lunch Bri and I came home and I was trying to think of what to do with the rest of my day when Melissa called. One thing led to another and she ended up at my place to play Guitar Hero for the first time. She was so funny! She got all excited every time she got booed off the stage but had made progress, percentage-wise, in the song. Right before she left she managed to beat "Hit Me With Your Best Shot" on easy and started jumping up and down saying, "Yeah! I rock, I rock!" Go Melissa! After dinner this evening Jason and I felt like getting out and about for a bit so we decided to go to Cabelas and wander around and whatnot. We took the girls into the aquarium part and Brianna said, "Hehehehheh......the fishes are singing!" And then imitated their opening and closing mouths before making up songs that they were singing. *sigh* Rotten kid.

No comments: