Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The number 7

Jason and I went to the library today. While we were there I figured I'd take a look at books on comedy and sketch writing. Our library has a really good fine arts section, they even have improv books, it's great! I went to look through the writing books and picked out one that looked good.....I couldn't quite stomach the thought of making the first book I checked out on the subject "Comedy Writing for Idiots." Hopefully I'll glean some valuable techniques. Here's a shot from rehearsal tonight. We were getting ready for an improvised musical game in which we take someone's day and make up a song for it on the spot. Individuals sing different songs about a person in the audience's day, and the group chimes in as needed. That's Patrick, Jen, Jen's guitar, Zak, and Nifer. Cerrome had stepped out to make a phone call at that moment. Oh, and the weather has turned, which is kind a huge duh, but from 60 degrees yesterday to snow today is a pretty big change. At least today you're not looking at my feet, eh?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice!! I don't look awkward!

I loved how we made fun of each other in "most unlikely identity mishap" or whatever.

Sorry for hijacking your scene though. :)

sugarbumkin said...

Hee hee, you're too cute, dude. Don't worry about "scenejacking" I wasn't upset in the least, I was good naturedly ribbing you. It was fun! I'm glad you're such a good sport. See ya at practice tonight!