Saturday, December 6, 2008

I think we're alone now......

Today was one of those days you just don't want to end. Seriously. I went to the Westport Coffeehouse about 3pm to get in one (LOOOONG) last rehearsal with Sketchy Thoughts before our show this evening. The rehearsal was a tad rough, but we powered through then took a short break for dinner then it was time for our first performance. Seriously, four hours of rehearsing, a 20 minute break, then we performed. Exhausted? You better believe it. But the show was tight and well timed, the set changes were snappy, and everything clicked pretty well! It was so strange doing theater WITH props and costumes again, and in sketch comedy you only get about 3 1/2 minutes per sketch or so, so that's how long you have to change and/or get your props together, assuming someone else is on top of changing the set. It was complete chaos and I loved every minute of it. (and got paid, wo0t!) Oh, and the coolest part was, when the show was over, we bowed and Clay announced all our names, and when he said my name someone in the audience actually whooped. That's never happened to me before and it felt so good! From left to right: Nick Rigoli, Matt Massey, Aaron Bagby, Mandy Bannon, Joe Henley, Clay Morgan, Jen Harmon, and me. Oh, and my dress thingy is one I designed and sewed myself, and I didn't even have a pattern. Just a 49 cent bundle of cloth from Goodwill. Nice. Jen and I had driven together so after the show we went to McCoy's, briefly, and sang some karaoke. I've never sung karaoke before, it was fun! I sang "I Think We're Alone Now" by Tiffany. I think I made the right decision in regards to my first karaoke song.

No comments: