Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Catloaf

As the weather turns cold, many cats will retract their feet into their bodies for the duration of the winter. Spartacus is no exception to this rule. A couple minutes before this picture was taken, he was playing with a balloon Leigha brought home from church. The balloon kept sticking to his fur due to static cling and he was getting pretty annoyed with it. Finally he caved to the pressure of primal instinct, extended his claws, and *POP!* jumped about 20 feet in the air. Nice. Today I had a great conversation with my friend Sam (go back to around February, there's a picture of us having coffee. Go figure.) who used to hang out with me when we lived in Denver. I'd visited her in D-town several times but as of August she moved to Minot, ND. It was great catching up with her, I miss having my awesome shopping buddy around. We're hoping to meet up in Minnapolis at some point next year. The Pitch came out today (local free publication for events in Kansas City) and Sketchy Thoughts wasn't mentioned at all, despite the fact that the arts reviewer was in attendance Saturday night. That's actually a pretty huge relief to me, he is pretty harsh and usually just reading the titles of some of his reviews makes me cringe. Basically what I'm saying is, since we weren't mentioned, we must have been pretty good! This evening as we were tucking the girls into bed, Brianna was playing a game where she tries to guess what you smell like when you give her a hug. Don't ask, just know that she takes after her mom. At any rate, as I hugged her she said, "Hmmm......you smell like........marshmallows." I replied, "Oh yeah? Well you smell like rotten little girl!" She rolled her eyes and sighed. "No I don't. I smell like pombegramine juice." Again with the 'she takes after her mom' bit. Strange duck.....

4 comments:

Jill said...

Our cat has taken to hiding underneath the radiator with her legs sticking out like the radiator fell on her and she's dead. I find it unnerving.

sugarbumkin said...

Ooh...that is creepy. And hi! I didn't know you were a reader, welcome!

Spark*Life said...

See that's how your cat and my dog differ. Holly, instead of creating her own heat, just sucks up heat by laying on the heating vent. Which is funny because her little white tummy then has red grill marks. It looks like we stuck her on the George Foreman Grilling Machine.

sugarbumkin said...

AH HAH HAH HAAAA! That is so funny and cute!!!! Grilled Holly anyone? Anyone?