Sunday, December 21, 2008

Intermittent Mittens

The church Christmas program was tonight. I wanted to post a picture of all the angels as a group, but somehow my camera managed to make every child on that stage have a major case of red eye, and it looks like a demonic choir instead! Yowza! So here are Leigha and Brianna, if you know any of the other kids at my church and you didn't see the program, just imagine their face and hair in place of Leigha and Bri there and you'll get the same effect. Yay identical costuming! Oh, yeah, if the kid you're trying to picture is a boy, add color to the robe and then a striped cloth and circlet over their head. Instant shepherd, voila! The kids did a fantastic job, and nobody fell off the stage! (It happened last year. See? I'm not the only person to ever have fallen off a stage mid performance! Nyeah!) Today I got some fleece for a small project I'm working on (it's on sale at Hancock Fabrics for $3.99 a yard, woo hoo!) but when I went to sew on it, my machine was snagging and screwing up again. I thought I had fixed the problem. Perhaps I need to readjust the tension or stitch length, but this is just getting frustrating. Yarrgh! Oh, and for a little extra fun on today's blog entry, the subject line is a tongue twister I came up with today. Go ahead, say it aloud! It's fun and I know you want to! *waits* I know, wasn't it great?

3 comments:

Inky Neverwhere said...

Fleece is a beeyotch to sew. If you're using a universal needle, try going to the store and getting needles designed for knits. Get some scrap fleece too, for tension adjustment testing. Unless you've already solved the prob, since this was yesterday's blog.

sugarbumkin said...

It never occurred to me that the fabric might be to blame...thanks! *runs to Joannes*

The Jamesons said...

I also fell of the stage in a church performance. I was Lucy in a church performance of "A Charlie Brown Christmas." Oops...