Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Good Hair Day!

If I didn't tell you I took this picture myself, I doubt you'd be able to tell.......... . . . *cough* Readers of my blog, rejoice! Behold! I have had a good, nay, GREAT hair day! Behold it I say!!!! My hair was shiny, curled ever so perfectly, and was frizz free. What could possibly go wrong on a day like today? Well...it is still me..... This afternoon I was hanging up some Christmas garland when I got a phone call from a number I didn't recognize. I happened to be holding the garland up with one knee as I grabbed for the phone with my left hand. Distracted, I answered and discovered that it was a fellow Sketchy Thoughts member looking for Jen's phone number, which, of course, I have. Flustered, I tried to gather my scattered (and perhaps, yes, just a little sketchy) thoughts when I noticed the cat beginning a reckless climb up the Christmas tree, popping out artificial branches as he ascended. Engaged as I was in the activity of trying to hold the phone and garland at the same time, I reached for the only weapon at my disposal at the time-my scariest "You're in big trouble now" mom voice. "NO!!!! No, get OUT of there! Arrrgh!!!!" Suddenly I realized that I was yelling directly into the phone. "Uh.....I'm sorry, er, my cat is climbing the Christmas tree." "......Uh, okay....." Show of hands, who feels like an idiot? Anyone? No, just me? Okay then. Good to know. Later on Bri came up to me and said, "You know, Mom, you COULD make an elf costume for Rosalina." (Rosalina is Brianna's favorite baby doll. Interestingly enough, Rosalina is a boy. Yes, she came up with the name, it wasn't on a tag or anything.) I had enough felt so I made one up for her in about 20 minutes. She giggled and clutched the doll to her chest as she ran upstairs. After I got home from taking the girls to their rehearsal, I recalled the event to Jason. He said, "Oh, yeah, I forgot to tell you. One of the other kids came to the dress rehearsal yesterday and they had the same doll as Rosalina, and it was wearing an elf costume." Ah, that explains that. FYI, Rosalina is an early '90's Cabbage Patch baby. It is really rare to see the same exact model, though. What are the odds?

2 comments:

notforthelifeofme said...

She changed Baby's name finally? Weirdo!

sugarbumkin said...

Oh yeah, about a year ago or so she just suddenly started calling it Rosalina and she'd correct you, harshly, when you got the name wrong.