Thursday, December 4, 2008

Our lips are sealed

Today was rather special. Jen came over and we made some candy (chocolate covered pretzels and peppermint bark) which was a lot of fun. Drawing on yesterday's theme, however, who feels like an idiot? Show of hands? Anyone? No, just me? Okay, good to know.... I put the pretzels on wax paper and picked it up from the bottom to stick in the freezer to cool, when the wax paper slipped and I started yelling, "Help. Help! Help!! HELP!!!" Jen ran up and grabbed the other side as three chocolate covered pretzels slid off and onto the floor and the other side twisted and stuck to the rest. We hit the ceiling of the freezer with the melted mess and created a chocolate stalagtite. Luckily, we only lost the three that fell on the floor. As we wrangled the rest of the chocolate/pretzel conglomeration into the freezer Jen said, "Hey, Jess......got cookie sheets?" I replied, "Well, yeah, but apparently no intellect." Yurt-de-durrrr! We did some one on one improv workouts for funsies and it was an absolute blast. After dinner the girls went to their final dress rehearsal for the Christmas show and I went to the Imp for our rehearsal/once monthly free show. The show part was pretty fun. All seven of us were there and it was great to have everyone there. This picture is us backstage before we went out, (left to right, top to bottom) me, Nifer, Julie, Josh (look close) and Patrick. Justin volunteered to martyr himself out of this picture by taking it, which was way sweet of him, but I gotta get him in this blog sometime soon. I'm about to run out of time here! Either way, thanks, Justin. It's a great picture, but your visible presence would have greatly enhanced it. I ran to Wal-Mart on the way home for a few essentials and got back to find my awesome husband doing the dishes. He's just to great, seriously. So I fixed him a nummy snack for being so great and we came downstairs to watch some TV. Mmm.......great day.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had a great night!
Hey, why do you always say things were "pretty good"?

You're right though, Justin needs in here!

sugarbumkin said...

I always say things were "pretty good" because by the time I get home and blog I've had time to listen to all the negative notes I've been given and I begin to cave to the pressure of self doubt and I begin to second guess everything I've done, even if I know I had a good show. Call it the fragile performer's ego. ;-)

Anonymous said...

well if the picture didn't have me, you using my name 3-ish times did :)

sugarbumkin said...

I know, right? And, oh yeah, I called you Justin, not Patrick. ;-D