Friday, December 12, 2008

Hear you me


Bri and I went to Lawrence today. We walked a good length of the downtown area, perusing shops and hanging out. There's a really cool fabric store down there, fyi. I'd never been there and I just about went into an epileptic seizure when I walked in the door, as every synapse in my body simultaneously switched to overdrive. There was SO MUCH fabric, and all of it cuteamacute! Unfortunately, all I needed was a single yard of white cotton. (Gah! Boring! Gah!) Next time, next time. On the drive back I was listening to the radio and the DJ started talking about a new Weezer single. I went, "Mrrruh?" And my ears perked up. (Mrrrruh is a technical term, shaddup.) He played the single (titled "The Greatest Man that Ever Lived") and it was incredible. Seriously, 19 year old Jessica was jumping up and down inside my brain. (She's the one who was all, "Ahhh! Weezerweezerweezer! Greatest band in the world, I love them!!!" Seriously, just walk up to me and give me the title of any of their b-sides and I'd be happy to sing every word of it for you.) The song was epic, very Bohemian Rhapsody-esque. Very different from their usual stuff. After that they talked with Rivers (19 year old Jess-Ah! Rivers Cuomo, he's awesome!) about the writing of the song and whatnot. They're planning on touring in May and it looks like KC is on the menu. Hmm.......

No comments: