Thursday, December 25, 2008

The eagle may soar...but the weasel never gets sucked into a jet engine.

Merry Christmas from my family to yours, whoever you may be! We got up early this morning and unwrapped our presents. Although there were no hula hoops or hippopotami, we all got some special gifts. The girls got their hot chocolate mugs and rag rugs that I had made, along with some other things, Jason got the special present that I waited in line for on Black Friday (Guitar Hero World Tour, wo0t!) and I got a brand new sewing machine! (squee!!! It's so nice and it's magical!) Jason had to work today, poor thing. He's the only one who works day shift on Thursdays (excluding his manager who has today off because it's Christmas.......), so instead of him spending the day all alone at the airport and us all alone at the house, we decided to all go to the airport for the day! Here's how it works: Planes come in every couple hours or so and Jason works furiously for a half hour...ish....assuming there's no delay or call from another airline with an issue (not all airlines have mechanics at every airport and if there's an issue they pay another airline for the use of their mechanic for however long it takes to get the issue resolved.) Between planes, there's not a whole lot to do on a regular day. So, again, we went to the airport with Jason today. We brought the Wii and played Jason's new Guitar Hero game all day long. Since we were at the airport and Starbucks was open, we got some coffee. It was nice! Jason appreciated having us around and we enjoyed ourselves a lot more than we would have at home without him. Most people try to avoid spending Christmas day at the airport. There's nowhere else I would rather have been today.

5 comments:

Jen said...

That's so sweet that you guys went to make his day not suck so bad! :)

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas! I'm looking forward to a Hype 7 party with some guitar hero action..

sugarbumkin said...

It made ours not suck so bad as well. And woo! Guitar Hero H7'age! I'm looking forward to it just as much! :-)

Inky Neverwhere said...

Yeah! When's that going down? I'm terrible at GH - I get booed offstage on the easy setting. But I'll bring the Taylor so Jason and I can jam IRL.

sugarbumkin said...

I'll start an e-mail chain to set it up, yo!