Sunday, December 7, 2008

Cookies at midnight for Jessica

This afternoon was the final production of "The Spirit of Christmas." I asked Leigha how she felt about that when we were on our way to the theater. She said, "Sad." Yup, she's got the bug. Go figure. (yay!) The good news is that we can look into children's theater for her this Summer. I have always hoped we'd be in plays together, and it looks as though that could be a very real possibility. (not that I'd ever make her do one if she didn't want to. Living vicariously through your kids is lame.) Jenny and Jason came over this evening for some pizza and Wii. It was a blast! We did some bowling then shredded a few tunes on Guitar Hero. Jenny and Jason both made Mii's and I was showing her a few that we had, and I stumbled across Nifer's. Jenny said, "Huh, it looks just like her." Keep in mind that Jenny and Nifer have never met. It's so funny how many of my friends "know" each other through my blog. The kids played nicely upstairs, for the most part, although there was one point where we were all in the kitchen and Trent came running in, saying something about how something was loose and he couldn't get it, Jenny went around the corner, and a second later came back in asking for a baggie. He had just lost a tooth! Apparently he was wiggling it and she nudged his hand and it just came right out. Nice. After they left Jason and I continued playing Guitar Hero because it's been a while since we've really played together. Even though we only have the one guitar it's much more fun to play when you know there's someone watching and waiting to tell you you rock, in agreement (or lack thereof) with the game. After we stopped playing and were watching I Dream of Jeannie I got a craving for cookies, so I decided to make my famous 'Greatest Chocolate Chip Cookies in the World' cookies. They are so good that Carl once accused me of baking crack into them. I've chosen to accept that as a rave review. I'd give you all the recipie, but there really isn't one. It's basically a stick of butter, one egg, then enough sugar, enough brown sugar, that looks like the right amount of flour, oh shoot that might be a lot of baking soda but it's too late to go in and take it out now so what the heck, a dash of salt, oops there's vanilla in there too, and oh yeah, the chocolate chips. Bake at 350 'till they look done. That's about as precise of measurements as I can give, sorry! Oh, yeah, funny story.....I found out today that my good friend Carla, who we visited in October, was in a Christmas play with some members of my family (I knew that part, here comes the info I didn't know) and that her director was Chad. That's right, the Chad that was in Sweeney Todd, which we went to see during that same exact trip in October! I guess she put two and two together just before the last performance of the Christmas play and said, "Hey, I know Jessica" and then he got excited and hugged her, they talked about me and my family, and now they're friends! What are the odds, seriously? I know it's a small town, but still! It's been almost a decade since I've lived there and they just now met! Apparently he's encouraged her and her family to try out for another play early next year. How fun! Real quick here, I just want to say that I feel right now that I'm poised at the precipice of a change for the better in my life. I don't know what it could be, but I'm really excited for whatever comes my way next. Here's hoping! All righty, I'm going to leave now, but since you made it through this semi-monster post, here's a little treat for you. Sing the subject line of this blog to the chorus line of "Springtime for Hitler" from The Producers. Wasn't that fun?

No comments: