Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Chi-Chi a Go-Go

Today was a blur of airplanes and airports. We got up and went into Reno, where we found out our flight was going to be just barely too full for us to get on. (As in, we would have only had room for half the family to be able to go) So we decided to go home via a different (as in crazy) route. Reno-Boise-Salt Lake City-Chicago-Kansas City. Read that again, seriously. Just let it sink in. Yup. It was the only way. The good news is, the first THREE legs of the flight were on the same plane so we simply sat on the plane, it emptied, filled back up, and we continued on on the same aircraft. Unfortunately, that also means we couldn't get out to get books (aaaah, I ran out on the first flight!) or food. Luckily, we had a scant half hour layover in Chicago and were able to eat there. We walked to the food court, got food, snapped a picture, and walked on to the flight to Kansas City. *Sigh....* Chicago. How I loved being there, how I miss it. I really want to take the girls and Jason and show them what I did, what I saw while there. I could seriously move there and be happy, I love that city. Here's a picture of Jason and the girls next to a trash can with the same logo on it as the picture I took my last day in Chicago this Summer (check the beginning of August, it's that Friday's picture) Jason wondered why I was going to take it and I said, "Well, I already have one of ME next to the poster......." We touched down in Kansas City a little after six and I had Jason drop me off at Hype 7 rehearsal. Tiffany gave me a TON of Kinder eggs from Germany. Score! Hey, America, thanks to your sue happy stupidity we can't legally have awesome things like Kinder in America. (Duh.....it's a non food in chocolate, that must mean we're supposed to eat it! Now let me eat the prize from my cereal box, too.......duhhhhhh.....) When I came home after, Sparticus was so happy to see me. I missed him, cutie kitty. It's good to be back home.

2 comments:

Michelle Lee said...

well kinder eggs ARE at the queens pantry. (= hey! if you didn't know, I'm back for 3 weeks.

sugarbumkin said...

Not any more. *pout* I went at Christmas and they can't sell them any more because it is officially illegal. I did get some Kinder Bueno, though. My sisters appreciated it. You're back???? Srsly? Dude, we need to get together! *gets her phone to text you*